Charmouth Local History Society
(The Pavey Group of Charmouth)
Minutes of the Eighteenth Annual General Meeting
held in the Village Hall
Thursday 29 September 2016 8.30pm
Note: the meeting was held in the interval of the autumn talk.
- Apologies. Maureen Bullows, Kathy Fereday, Helen Hughes, Roger and Elizabeth Sansom, Pat Stapleton, Russell and Isobel Telfer, Mike Thomas.
- Chairman’s Welcome. Phil Tritton welcomed six committee members and c.45 ordinary members to the meeting. He noted we were sad to receive the resignation of Gary Readings from the committee due to poor health and his contribution to the society was acknowledged; he is replaced as Treasurer by Steve Pilsbury.
- Minutes of the Last AGM. These were accepted as an accurate record.
- Matters Arising. There were none.
- Secretary’s Report. This had been pre-circulated and was briefly summarised, the main points being: the successful organisation of two talks last year; the expansion of the website; the sale of over 500 History trails and the re-printing of a further 1,000; successful sales of Echo 43 and positive feedback from members on its production; the submission of a grant to the Heritage Lottery Fund to convert part of the Pavey Room into an exhibition space which was ongoing; a minor revision of the constitution at an Extraordinary General meeting in August. The report was unanimously accepted by the meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report. The financial position was summarised: the Society still had a healthy balance; membership was slightly down, donations and advertising roughly steady, and receipts from publications much increased. The report was unanimously accepted by the meeting.
- Membership Rates. These were proposed to remain at £6 per household, including those residing outside of Charmouth; this was unanimously accepted by the meeting.
- Election of Officers and Committee. In addition to Steve Pilsbury (Treasurer – see item 2) all other existing committee members (i.e. Phil Tritton, Chair, Richard Dunn, Secretary, Lorna Cowan, Juliet Hankey, Mary Lelliott, Neil Mattingly and Pat Stapleton) had agreed to continue, with one vacant position, and there were no new nominations. The council representative is Chris Shirley-Smith. The re-election of the committee was unanimously accepted by the meeting.
- AOB. There was none.