Charmouth Local History Society
(The Pavey Group of Charmouth)
Minutes of the Nineteenth Annual General Meeting
held in the Village Hall
Friday 22 September 2017 8.30pm
Note: the meeting was held in the interval of the autumn talk.
- Apologies. Lorna Cowen, Lesley and Bob Dunlop, Juliet Hankey, Amanda Jones, Mary and David Lelliott, Pat Stapleton.
- Chairman’s Welcome. Phil Tritton welcomed four committee members and c.45 ordinary members to the meeting. He noted we were sorry to receive the resignations of Steve Pilsbury and Mary Lelliott but we were pleased to welcome Amanda Baber (also known as Jones) who has assumed the roles of Treasurer and Membership Secretary.
- Minutes of the Last AGM. These were accepted as an accurate record.
- Matters Arising. There were none.
- Secretary’s Report. This had been pre-circulated and was briefly summarised, the main points being: we hosted two very successful talks, in September 2016 and April 2107; we have expanded the web site to include digital versions of the back issues of The Village Echo; The History Trail continues to sell well and The Village Echo No. 44 was published in April; our single largest achievement this year has been the refurbishment of The Pavey Room (complete redecoration including disposal of old furniture, new lighting, new filing and provision of exhibition boards) and hosting the Summer Exhibition, which was open July to September, and featured over 200 captioned photographs. This has been well attended and has received very positive feedback from visitors. The report was unanimously accepted by the meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report. The financial position was summarised: our finances continue to be good; expenses over the year from were £1800.60 which included a loss of £169.11 mainly due to refurbishment work in the Pavey Room. Overall our bank balance is healthy with donations from the summer exhibition and talks proving very popular. The report was unanimously accepted by the meeting.
- Membership Rates. These were proposed to remain at £6 per household, including those residing outside of Charmouth; this was unanimously accepted by the meeting.
- Election of Officers and Committee. In addition to Amanda Baber (Jones) (Treasurer and Membership Secretary– see item 2) Phil Tritton (Chair), Richard Dunn (Secretary), Lorna Cowan, Juliet Hankey, Neil Mattingly and Pat Stapleton had agreed to continue, with two vacant positions; there were no new nominations. The council representative is Chris Shirley-Smith. The re-election of the committee was unanimously accepted by the meeting.
- AOB. There was none.